Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I'm in the Mission Field on Tuesday

Hello everyone

So this week was pretty cool. So first day was p-day, which i love because I get to go to the temple every time, and also play sports. Friday just another regular day at the MTC, memorizing words and learning Spanish. Umm proselyting was kinda hard, idk but I just didn’t want to talk to anyone that day, which I really regret. I finally got my companion to talk to people during proselyting, but it wasn't until the end that he talked to someone. We got 9 contacts, and people didn’t really care what we had to say to them. Sunday is always good, because we get to hear a recorded devotional from Provo every week,  and we also get to watch a movie. Plus we get to take the sacrament, and also it’s now 1 week from my birthday. It’s weird that I’m gonna be 19. It doesn’t really feel like it, what will be even weirder is when I'm 20, that just sounds so old. 

Monday was normal except for my whole body was just sore for some reason. I don't know why, but every joint just ached, and my stomach kinda hurt. Tuesday was I think my favourite day, and Wednesday, but Tuesday we got to teach an atheist man outside of the temple, he was a photographer for a couple. So we talked to him and started talking about the plan of salvation and the celestial kingdom because he didn't believe in life after death. He said: well I don't want to live forever, and I'm divorced and don't want to live with my family forever”. So I didn't know what to do there, then he said he can’t believe in faith because it can’t be explained scientifically. Then I shared with him Alma 32:21, which says faith is not having a perfect knowledge of things, it’s hoping for things that are not seen. I wanted to share Moroni 10:3-5, but then our teacher called us back into class because she didn't know he was an investigator. Oh and we were supposed to be teaching members and talking about how they know the church is true in this class. But I was kinda disappointed  that I couldn't talk to him longer, because I knew if I could I might be able to change his perspective, but I realized it was a hard situation and I did what I could in the time I had. Anyways I learned a lot from that lesson teaching wise, and I think it carried into Wednesday. So we have these things called I.P and Cre.  The I:P is our teacher who plays a person and we teach them for a week or two then the person switches. And cre is just a one time thing, it’s a member who needs help and we help them, well ¨member¨, but it’s just a random teacher. But both our lessons were really good and I could really feel the spirit and saw a big change in the attitude and response of the investigator. 

I love serving, even though I miss you guys very much, I know this is the right thing to do. I’m grateful for this choice I made and my supporting family. Oh and my emails will probably  be longer in the field because it wont just be classes all day. Hope you guys are doing good without me and keeping busy. Love you. 

Oh also a new rule, we’re not allowed to send pictures while at the MTC, so I’ll send some next week. Oh and another thing- I’m in the mission field on Tuesday!!!!! That’s so weird, but really exciting I cant wait.


Love Elder Grigor

No comments:

Post a Comment